consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
“Formulation – Part II, Support in Identification of Potential Hosts for a Pro-Poor Private Sector Development Resource Facility”
|Country/ Location of the position||Bangladesh|
|Experts||E1||Team Leader (Senior)|
|E2||NGO expert (Junior)|
|Start + duration of project||25 September 2011 – 15 December 2011|
|Duration of mission||E1||24.00 working days|
|E2||20.00 working days|
|Required language||Fluency in written and spoken English|
|Application Deadline||28.08.29. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||Bangladesh-2_FWC_269413_TOR_14 08 11_VF|
|Observations||Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Sending us your application is a commitment and we expect you to be available for the mission you are applying for.
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents that are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
|3. EXPERTS PROFILE
3.1 Education, experience, references and category of each expert
The mission team will consist of two (2) experts: one senior and one junior. The combination of
experts should provide practical experience in all aspects of pro-poor private sector development,
analysis of Bangladeshi NGOs capacities involved in pro-poor private sector development, thorough
experience in institutions capacity assessment and thorough knowledge of the European Union’s
Practical Guide (PRAG).
3.1.1 Expert 1 – Team Leader (Senior):
The expert must be a senior expert with the following qualifications:
• Master degree in Economics, International trade, Business management or related disciplines, with experience in pro-poor private sector development.
• A minimum of 10 years experience in managing/supervising private sector development and/or trade related projects and substantial experience in project formulation.
• Thorough experience in institutions capacity assessment.
• Experience in the EU’s Project Cycle Management procedures.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of EU regulations relating to grant scheme management.
• Experience in working at senior level with government ministries, international organizations,
and private sector organizations.
• Project and/or regional experience in developing and/or transitional economies, preferably South Asia.
• An excellent command of both oral and written English.
• Good communication skills and the ability to lead a team of experts.
• The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the mission as well as for the production and presentation of the reports.
3.1.2 Expert 2: NGO expert (Junior)
The expert must have the following qualifications:
• Master’s degree in a field related to social and/or economic development.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in pro-poor private sector development.
• Relevant field experience in South Asia with private sector development projects.
• Sound knowledge, experience and understanding of the NGOs involved in private sector development in Bangladesh.
• Thorough experience in institutions capacity assessment.
• Familiarity with Project Cycle Management.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla and the ability to work in a team.
3.1.3 Additional Team requirements
The team will operate under the supervision of the Team Leader, who will be directly responsible to the EU for the overall quality and consistency of reports and documents produced by the team.
The experts must have sound communication skills and be capable of working as a team. Each expert must be able to produce high quality reports rapidly. The team will be able to work independently in terms of computer and office facilities. The team will have excellent writing and editing skills. If the team proves to be unable to meet the level of quality required for drafting the reports, the consulting firm will provide, at no additional cost to the Commission, immediate technical support to the team to meet the standards required.
3.2 Working language(s)
All experts must be fluent in English with proven oral and written skills.
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
4.1 Starting period
The expected starting period is 25 September 2011
4.2 Foreseen finishing period or duration
The expected end of the assignment is 15 December 2011.
Terms of reference
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief