consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
Occupational Health And Safety Expert
Health & Nutrition
|Country/ Location of the position||China|
|Experts||E1||Team Leader, occupation health and safety expert|
|Start + duration of project||February 2012 – 48 months|
|Duration of mission||E1|
|Required language||Excellent command of English (written and oral) proven report writing skills in English. Chinese language skills would be an asset.|
|Application Deadline||ASAP. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||Not yet available|
|Observations||Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Sending us your application is a commitment and we expect you to be available for the mission you are applying for.
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents that are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
We invite expressions of interest from suitably qualified experts for the challenging role of Team Leader in a project that will contribute to developing China’s capacity to design and enforce an effective occupational health and safety strategy
– University degree or equivalent degree of at least three years or equivalent number of years of work experience (in addition to the 10 years of general relevant work experience described below) in occupational health and safety or related field.
– Excellent command of English (written and oral) proven report writing skills in English;
– Able to communicate convincingly and diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, including strong public speaking and presentation skills;
– Strong project management capacity, to be able to manage a complex project effectively delivering results under tight deadlines;
– Academic and project oriented leadership abilities in a multicultural environment;
– Access to a network of European, and ideally also Chinese, stakeholders in the occupational health and safety sector;
– Chinese language skills would be an asset.
General professional experience
– At least 15 years of professional experience in occupation health and safety, including at least 10 years at managerial level in academic or OH&S administration related positions;
– Solid background in policy formulation, regulatory strengthening and inspection systems;
– Experience in institutional capacity building and training delivery including training-of-trainers;
– Experience as Team Leader in external technical assistance programmes, preferably EU-funded;
– Knowledge of EC procedures, PRAG and PCM an asset.
– Experience in coordination of stakeholders and implementing visibility actions
Specific professional experience
– Minimum 5 years of sector specific professional experience, in one or more of the high-risk sectors of coalmining, chemicals, fireworks, construction or transport;
– Experience working with European OH&S policy, laws and regulations and international actors/donors (e.g. OSHA, ICOH, ILO);
– Experience with the Chinese occupational health and safety sector a strong asset;
– Experience in institution/capacity building at a governmental level and working with government, state/public administration in the field of OH&S an asset.
Terms of reference
Not yet available
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief