consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
Consultancy Services for Water Sector Programme Support, Phase II – Provincial Support Team Advisor
Water & Sanitation
|Country/ Location of the position||Zambia|
|Experts||E1||International Long-term Expert – Provincial Support Team Advisor|
|Start + duration of project||January 1, 2012|
|Duration of mission||E1||24 months|
|Application Deadline||September 25, 2011. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||Not yet available|
|Observations||Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Sending us your application is a commitment and we expect you to be available for the mission you are applying for.
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents that are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
The Danish International Development Agency (Danida) on behalf of the Zambian Ministry of Local Government and Housing (MLGH) has tendered “Consultancy services for water sector programme support (WSPS), Phase II”.
The objective of the WSPS II is “to provide water and sanitation infrastructure and develop skills to ensure the provision of reliable and safe water and sanitation services efficiently”. Thereby the Consultant shall assist the WSPS II with regard to the components Rural Water Supply and Sanitation (RWSS) and Urban Water Supply and Sanitation (UWSS). The programme aims at developing institutional capacities in this context. The Consultant´s assignment is to provide advice, technical assistance and training to the MLGH, Local Authorities (provincial and district administrations), the Luapula Water and Sewerage Company (LPWSC) and the Western Water & Sewerage Company (WWSC) in matters related to rural and peri-urban water supply and sanitation and administration. The main part of the consultancy will support the National Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (NRWSSP) of the MLGH, whilst a smaller part will address issues under the National Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Programme (NUWSSP) concerning the two utilities WWSC and LPWSC.
The time frame for the project is 24 months. The envisioned project start is January 1, 2012.
International Long-term Expert – Provincial Support Team Advisor
The Provincial Support Team Advisor will be responsible to provide support to the Provincial Support Teams (PST) in the Western, Southern and Lusaka Provinces. He/she will have general responsibilities for the implementation of the RWSSP at district level. Special emphasis will be on the functionality of the Information Management System (IMS) and the Quality Assurance (QA) of inputs and reports from the system. Ensuring sustainability of the implementation in the provinces, in particular regarding operation and maintenance, will be also a major focus. The advisor will report to the Head of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Unit (RWSSU) in the Department of Housing and Infrastructure Development (DHID) in the MLGH until provincial DHIDs are established in the provinces.
His/her specific tasks include:
The senior RWSS expert must have:
– a university degree as well as preferably a post-graduate degree in engineering, economics, management or social science.
– He/She should have at least 7 years professional experience in the water sector and minimum 5 years of working experience with the implementation of rural water supply and sanitation programmes/projects in developing countries.
– He/she should have extensive management experience, including personnel management.
– The advisor should have proven experience with the development of practices and procedures for planning, management, implementation and monitoring of district-based RWSS and hygiene promotion,
– He/she should have proven experience in developing local level capacity to provide infrastructure services to the population, as well as in planning and providing capacity development, particularly in decentralised institutions.
– The expert should have experience with monitoring databases.
– The Expert must have excellent computer-, report writing and communication skills.
– An excellent verbal and written command of English is essential.
– Experience working in diverse cultural settings as well as a minimum of two years working experience from Southern Africa is requested.
– He/she should have string personal skills and the ability to manage teams.
– Working experience with DANIDA funded projects would be an advantage.
Terms of reference
Not available yet
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief