consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
Enhancing the Negotiating Capacity of the International Trade Professionals
|Country/ Location of the position||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Experts||E1||Trade Policy Expert|
|Start + duration of project||November 2011 – 30/04/2012|
|Duration of mission||E1||110 working days|
|Application Deadline||19/09/2011 12:00:00. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||Not yet available|
|Observations||Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Sending us your application is a commitment and we expect you to be available for the mission you are applying for.
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents that are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
EXPERT 1 Trade Policy Expert
Category Senior expert (at least 10 years of professional experience)
Duration 110 working days
Qualifications and skills
• Advanced university degree in Economics, International trade law, or equivalent. (Masters or PhD)
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Excellent report writing and drafting skills in English language
• Strong analytical skills on international trade issues
• Excellent skills regarding the organisation, animation of seminars/workshops on international trade matters
• Demonstrated ability to make oral and public presentations of technical issues in a simplified manner
• At least 10 years relevant professional experience on review and update of existing trade policy development and reform
• Proven track record on international aid projects or international consulting experience are an asset
• Long and Significant exposure to ACP issues (political, economic and social)
• Significant and broad experience in the multilateral trading system
• Experience of working with various stakeholders in a multi-cultural context.
Working experience in developing countries on several of the following areas:
• In depth knowledge on the Multilateral trading system including the DDA negotiations
• Experienced in conducting trade negotiations
• Ability to conceptualise and develop technical papers on trade issues and explain in a non-technical language
• In-depth knowledge in the formulation, analysis, development and reform of trade policy
• Able to relate WTO commitments with other regional commitments such as EPA implementation
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals,
telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets
Terms of reference
Not available yet
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief