consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
Support to Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction PFM strengthening
Public Finance Management
|Country/ Location of the position||Nepal|
|Experts||E1||1 Senior Expert (TL) PFM, Macro-Economist|
|Start + duration of project||14/05/2012 – 30/11/2012|
|Duration of mission||E1||154 working days|
|Deadline||04.02.12. Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||Not yet available|
|Observations||Only short listed consultants will be replied to.Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Sending us your application is a commitment and we expect you to be available for the mission you are applying for.
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Our web page||http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- applicants are encouraged to create consultant profiles in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
|Job position:1 Senior Expert (TL) PFM, Macro-Econ. – Nepal
Project period: 01/03/2012 – 01.01.2013
Duration of assignment: 154
Public Finance Management
Within the framework of the Multi Annual Indicative Programme for 2010-2013, the European Commission shall provide assistance to contribute to Nepal’s Peace and Stability Agenda and peace in Nepal for an amount of €22 million. The Financing Agreement for a sector budget support programme (SPSP) for the Nepal Peace Trust Fund was signed by the European Commission and the Government of Nepal in July 2011. The SPSP has two main components: (1) sector budget support and (2) technical cooperation provided in support of Nepal’s Peace and Stability Agenda. The technical assistance resources are also intended to be used for capacity building in the area of financial monitoring and auditing, particularly of the Nepal Peace Trust Fund (NPTF).
To support the mandates of MoPR, the Peace Fund Secretariat is implementing NPTF funded projects in strengthening financial monitoring, auditing, procurement and book keeping by enhancing and strengthening the capacity to efficiently manage public finances.
The expert will provide technical assistance to the MoPR, the Peace Fund Secretariat (PFS) and through the PFS to the line Ministries, who are implementing NPTF funded projects, for the purpose of enabling the government to report as per the JFA and Peace Fund Operational guidelines of the NPTF.
• Relevant education (at least Masters level or Chartered Accountant) in Public Finance Management, Finance and or Accounting
• Minimum 10 years professional experience in government financial management and monitoring, accounting and auditing and measures to increase transparency and accountability in public finances.
• Previous experience in different PFM, institutional strengthening and capacity development reforms.
• Experience in countries with similar PFM environment would be an advantage.
• Experience in working with ministerial staff;
• Experience in implementation of budgetary support programme would be an advantage.
• Experience in dealing with public authorities in developing countries, excellent analytical and reporting skills, fluent English, capacity to coordinate with the other expert, flexibility and resistance to high demand working environment are additional requirements.
• Understanding of financial accountability mechanisms including: government accounting officers, internal audit departments, supreme audit institutions, parliamentary accounts committees, and informal institutions that help citizens to participate in budget processes.
• Coordinate and finalise report writing
Terms of reference
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit Subscribe: email@example.com
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief