consultant sourcing and project management
SME Interventions Ltd. U.K. – Experts + Projects S.A. CR
EDF- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE OFFICE OF THE NAO
Pacific ACP Countries- Solomon Islands
|Country/ Location of the position||Solomon Islands|
|Experts||E1||1 Finance and Contracts Expert, Senior expert (At least 7 years of professional experience in the financial and administrative management of development cooperation projects and programmes.)|
|Start + duration of project||15/08/2012 to 15/07/2014, Medium/short term basis consisting of an initial input of six months, at the start of the contract followed by subsequent inputs over the remainder of the contract period for a total of 300 working days|
|Duration of mission||E1||300.00 working days|
|Required language||A good command of both written and spoken English|
|Deadline||June/05/2012 12:00:00Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR||If not shown in the section ToRs of this announcement the ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC||Please send us your CV in the EU AID format http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D|
|Our web page||http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- applicants are encouraged to create consultant profiles in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
EXPERT 1 Finance and Contracts Expert
Senior expert (At least 7 years of professional experience in the financial and administrative management of development cooperation projects and programmes.)
• Degree in accounting, economics or a comparable academic qualification or comparable professional experience
• Fluent in spoken and written English with good reporting, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven capacity to work in genuine partnership with national staff.
• At least 7 years of professional experience in the financial and administrative management of development cooperation projects and programmes.
• Excellent knowledge of and working experience with EDF/EU finance and procurement procedures
• Experience in computerised accounting systems and procedures
• Extensive experience in financial and contractual management and audit,
• Fully conversant with and have proven practical experience of STABEX/EDF or EU financial and contractual procedures
• Proven experience of working in a tem demonstrating professional facilitation, mentoring and advisory skills
• Work experience in ACP countries and the pacific region would be an advantage
• Proficient knowledge of standard computer software (MS word, Excel and project management software).
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets
Terms of reference
|Killefit Consulting opportunities (General) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/killefit
PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION + FINANCE http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Killefit_PublicAdmin_Finance
Good Governance/Human rights/Gender
ENGINEERING + CONSTRUCTION + TRANSPORT http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ENGINEERING
PRM (PROGRAMME & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT)
Agriculture and Rural DevelopmENT
EDUCATION & TRAINING http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_Education_Training
IT + TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANT (ITT) http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_ITT/
SME+SB support http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/KILLEFIT_SME_and_SB_support
HEALTH, HUMANITARIAN AID+RELIEF http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/HumanitarianAidHealthandRelief