Killefit consult, consultant sourcing and project management
Interim Evaluation of Erasmus Mundus Action 2 in South Africa
Country/ Location of the position South Africa
Experts two Senior project evaluation experts, evaluation of mobility programmes in higher education
Start + duration of project The assignment has to be executed during a period of eleven weeks, indicatively from 10th September to 23rd November 2012.
Duration of mission 35/30 days
Required language Fluent in English (written, spoken, understanding)
Deadline June 23, 2012 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement, posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToR are available only for shortlisted experts
Eligible Nationalities all
Observations • Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
Download EU AID CV template in the 4 main languages of the EC Please send us your CV in the EU AID format http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Our web page http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- applicants are encouraged to create consultant profiles in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
2.3 Requested services
The services to be provided must be rendered in accordance with the published EC Project Cycle Management Guidelines, and will include:
• Assessment of the programme and projects with respect to the following key evaluation criteria: relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability.
• Detailed and comprehensive documentation of lessons learned, for the benefit of the funder and the South African implementing partners.
• The provision of recommendations to enhance the programme’s relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability, also focusing on mechanisms for sustained involvement of alumni, effective in-country monitoring, and enhancing the participation of disadvantaged HEIs and individuals.
2.4 Required outputs
The following outputs are required:
• Inception Report, updating and detailing the organisation and methodology to be adopted for the assignment, and including the data collection instrument(s) to be used;
• Draft Final Report, documenting all aspects of the review; and
• Final Report, incorporating comments on the Draft Final Report.
3. EXPERTISE REQUIRED
A team of two Senior experts is required.
The minimum requirement is that both experts must have education equivalent to a Masters Degree, and at least 10 years’ experience in higher education. In the absence of a Masters Degree, a relevant Bachelors Degree and 15 years’ relevant experience are required.
The Framework Contractor must designate the expert who will be the Team Leader.
The Team Leader who will be required to work for 35 days. The other expert will be required to work for 30 days.
Collectively the two Senior experts must cover the following key areas of expertise:
• Knowledge and experience of project evaluation as demonstrated by project evaluations undertaken during the past five years. Experience in the evaluation of mobility programmes in higher education will be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of project monitoring.
• Knowledge of the internationalisation of higher education.
• Knowledge of higher education in South Africa.
Both experts must be fluent in spoken and written English, and must have excellent technical writing skills.
The Framework Contractor must ensure that the experts have adequate logistical and other support during the field mission, so that their time and expertise can be used optimally for achieving the objectives of the assignment.
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
The assignment has to be executed during a period of eleven weeks, indicatively from
10th September to 23rd November 2012. The time allocation within this indicative period is as follows:
• Both experts will commence work on 10th September 2012.
• The Team Leader will be required to work for 35 days (seven consecutive weeks). His/her assignment will end on 26th October 2012.
• The other expert will be required to work for 30 days (six consecutive weeks). His/her assignment will end on 19th October 2012.
• 28 days is allowed for approval of the Final Report by the Contracting Authority.
A mobilisation and briefing meeting will be held on the actual start date of the mission either by teleconference or at the offices of the EU Delegation in Pretoria, depending on the methodology proposed by the selected Framework Contractor.
The mission will take place in South Africa, Belgium and the Netherlands. Visits to at least the following institutions are foreseen:
• South African universities: Cape Peninsula University of Technology (www.cput.ac.za), Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (www.nmmu.ac.za), Rhodes University (www.ru.ac.za), Stellenbosch University (www.sun.ac.za), the University of Cape Town (www.uct.ac.za), the University of Fort Hare (www.ufh.ac.za), the University of KwaZulu-Natal (www.ukzn.ac.za), the University of Limpopo (www.ul.ac.za), the University of Pretoria (www.up.ac.za), the University of South Africa (www.unisa.ac.za), the University of the Free State (www.ufs.ac.za), the University of the Western Cape (www.uwc.ac.za), and the University of Venda (www.univen.ac.za);
• The DHET, the National Treasury, Higher Education South Africa and the EU Delegation to the Republic of South Africa in Pretoria;
• The EACEA in Brussels;
• The Catholic University Leuven in Belgium;
• Antwerp University in Belgium; and
• Radboud University, Nijmegen in the Netherlands.