Killefit consult, consultant sourcing and project management
Support to draft options for and advice the Delegation on the design of the EU Education and Labour Market program 2013
COUNTRY/ LOCATION The mission will unfold as necessary between Amman (Jordan), Baghdad and Erbil (Iraq). The expert will undertake desk reviews and preparatory work from his/her home location. The work of the expert may be subject to security constraints.
EXPERTS E1 Expert for program identification and formulation (Education and Labour)
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 03/09/2012
NUMBER WORK DAYS E1 77 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English, Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage
DEADLINE 13/08/2012 17:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create consultant profiles in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
2.1 Global objective
Support to draft options for and advice the Delegation on the design of the EU Education and Labour Market program 2013.
2.2 Specific objective(s)
– Prepare the identification fiche including options for the EU Education and Labour Market programme;
– Prepare the action fiche;
– Prepare annexes to these documents as described below.
2.3 Requested services
Inception report: methodology
Identification Fiche: specific attention should be paid to:
– Review and analysis of existing relevant policy documents such as the National Employment Strategy, National Education Strategy, etc. An update of Government commitment in the context of the preparation of the new National Development Plan 2013-2017 (Para 2,1 and 2.2 of the identification fiche);
– Consultations with EU services and other donors/stakeholders (e.g. key ministries, EU Heads of Mission and EU Heads of Cooperation, key partners as IOM, UNDP, etc…) to review and analyse relevant past, current and planned action (achievements, lessons learnt, and identified gaps) (Para 2.3 and 2.4 of the identification fiche);
– Draft options for the EU intervention in the field of education and employment; pros and cons should be detailed (Para 3.2 and 2.2 of the identification fiche).
Action Fiche: specific attention should be paid to:
– Develop the content of the selected option (see above);
– Identification of suitable implementation method for the EU Education and Labour Market Program 2013;
– Follow-up of the consultation meetings with EU services and identified donors/stakeholders ;
– “Co actions” with Iraqi authorities should be promoted and discussed with relevant stakeholders.
2.4 Required outputs
Identification Fiche (plus gender and environment screening), Action Fiche, Technical Administrative Provisions (plus logical framework, budget, work plan) and grid for technical cooperation must comply with templates and guidelines which will be shared with the expert upon the start of the assignment.
The expert should also prepare an inception report and a mission report.
3 Expert profile
3.1 Number of requested experts per category and number of man-days per expert
One senior expert is requested to work for 77 man-days.
3.2 Profile per expert or expertise required:
Qualifications and Skills
– Minimum of university degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field (economics, labour, business or education sciences);
General Professional experience
– General post graduate professional experience with at least 10 years of experience in applied economics, business or education sciences.
Specific Professional experience
– Expertise in the field of formulation and identification of programmes;
– Professional experience in labour market, TVET or other relevant sectors;
– Professional experience in linkages between private sector and education system;
– Willingness and ability to work in multi-s takeholders, intercultural environment;
– Excellent writing, communication and organization skills;
– Expertise in fragile countries and/or post conflict environment is an advantage;
– Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.