Killefit consult, consultant sourcing and project management
Final Evaluation of the Basic Education Capacity Trust Fund (BEC-TF)
COUNTRY/ LOCATION Both home-based and in Jakarta, Indonesia
EXPERTS E1 Senior Expert (Education Specialist)
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT The mission in Indonesia will take place from October 8th to October 19th
NUMBER WORK DAYS E1 29 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English
DEADLINE 18/08/2012 17:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
TOR ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format ; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create consultant profiles in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
2.2 Requested services
– The WB Lead ICR Consultant will direct and manage the preparation, implementation, analysis and report writing of the mission as well as the final ICR report.
– Prior to the start of the in-country mission, the consultant recruited under these terms of reference will liaise with the WB Lead ICR Consultant to coordinate the work planning and agree a division of work.
– The consultant will undertake a home-based desk review of all available documentation, including planning/preparatory documents and supervision reports, relevant to the BEC-TF and, as needed, to the BOS-KITA.
– In Indonesia, the consultant will, together with the WB contracted Consultants, have consultations with key informants and finalise data collection. This will include:
o Kick Off meeting
o Field visit to Central Kalimantan province (Palangkaraya City) to have discussion meetings with
key stakeholders on both BEC-TF and BOS-KITA
o Focus Group Discussions at central level with key ministries
o Wrap Up meeting presentation to GoI stakeholders and donors.
– At the start of the in-country mission, the consultant will have a briefing meeting with the EU Delegation in Jakarta.
– The consultant will contribute to the production of the required outputs outlined below (2.3), as will be agreed with the WB Lead ICR Consultant.
– While the consultant will participate in the consultations related to the BOS-KITA, s/he will not contribute to the BOS-KITA Implementation Completion and Results report.
2.3. Required outputs
The mission will produce:
– A PowerPoint presentation of mission findings and recommendations to GoI stakeholders and donors for the Wrap Up meeting.
– An Aide Memoire produced after agreement on findings and next steps at the Wrap-Up meeting.
– An Implementation Completion and Results report that will follow the World Bank standards.
The consultant recruited under these terms of reference will contribute to the drafting of these outputs as will be assigned by the World Bank Lead ICR consultant.
3. EXPERT PROFILE
The Mission requires 1 Senior Expert (Education Specialist) with the following qualifications:
– Master’s Degree Academic level or equivalent professional experience of a minimum of 15 years.
– At least 6 years of professional experience in the design, management, monitoring and evaluation of development programs in basic education, especially in developing countries.
– Fully conversant with the evaluation guidelines of the European Commission and the EC Project Cycle Management / Logical Framework approach, evidenced by experience with external monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded programs in the education sector, in particular basic education.
– Experience with monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded Trust Funds managed by the WB is an asset.
– Knowledge of WB standards of project management / M&E is an asset.
– Knowledge of education systems in Indonesia.
– Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
– High level communication skills and writing skills.
– Ability to work as a member of a multi-professional team.
– Computing competence in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
4.1. Duration of the assignment
– The assignment will start in the first week of October, with 5 working days from home base for desk review.
– The mission in Indonesia will take place from October 8th to October 19th. That part of the mission will be on a 7 working-days per week basis, to match with the WB consultants schedule.
– Additional working days (10) from home base are foreseen between mid-January and mid-February 2013 for contribution to the drafting and finalisation of the Implementation Completion and Results report, when final BEC-TF documentation will be available. The timing of these additional days will have to be agreed with the WB Lead ICR Consultant.
Home-based desk review of documentation 5
Mission in Indonesia, including international travels (2 days) 14
Home-based contribution to the ICR report 10
4.1. Location of the assignment
Both home-based and in Jakarta, Indonesia. A field visit to Central Kalimantan province (Palangkaraya City) is foreseen in the assignment, from October 10 to 12.