Killefit consult, consultant sourcing and project management
Institutional Capacity Assessment of Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC)
COUNTRY/ LOCATION Bangladesh
E1 Institutional capacity building expert for private sector /SMIC, TL
E2 Pro-poor private sector expert / SMEISMIC
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 30/01/2013 To: 30/06/2013
NUMBER WORK DAYS
E1 65.00 working days
E2 60.00 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Excellent command of the English language
DEADLINE 04/12/2012 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
TOR ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format ; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Project Title Institutional Capacity Assessment of Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC)
Approx. Dates From: 30/01/2013 To: 30/06/2013
Eligible Nationalities All nationalities
Deadline for submissions of CV for internal consortium voting 04/12/2012 12:00:00
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Senior (at least 10 years of experience)
Duration 65.00 working days
University degree (MA) in a field related to social and/or economic fields
– At least 10 years of professional experience in social or economic fields
– Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in institutional capacity building (mandatory)
– Relevant field experience in South Asia with private sector development projects, especially with the small and cottage industries sector (SMIC).
– Be familiar with the financial and contractual rules, including experience in services contracts drafting and procurement.
– Experience as team leader in at least 3 assignments of similar nature and scope.
– Managerial and leadership skills including the ability to work effectively with officials from government in third countries.
– Country specific experience in Bangladesh and previous work experience with officials from Government of Bangladesh are considered an advantage.
– Have good drafting and communication skills (evidenced by one project report written by the expert that is to be submitted as part of the offer);
– An excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Profile: Expert 2
Category of expert Junior (at least 3 years of experience)
Duration 60.00 working days
University degree (MA) in a field related to social and/or economic fields.
– At least 5 years of professional experience in social and/or economic fields.
– Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Asia with pro-poor private sector development
– Experience in Bangladesh with the SMEISMIC sector
– At least one assignment in institutions capacity building
– Previous work experience with officials from Government of Bangladesh is considered an advantage.
– Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla.
– Ability to work in a team, including the ability to work effectively with officials from the Government.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stays overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets