Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
Belize Rural Development Project II (BRDPII, EU-funded)
COUNTRY/ LOCATION Belize
EXPERTS KE3 Civil engineer
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT Early 2013,
PROJECT DURATION Long-term
NUMBER WORK DAYS KE3 440 man days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS English, He/she should be able to speak Spanish
DEADLINE 25/11/2012 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
OBSERVATIONS Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
All experts must have at least regional experience
Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Civil Engineer within the Belize Rural Development Project II (BRDPII, EU-funded), Belize
Project: Technical assistance to Belize Rural Development Project II
We are looking for a Civil engineer within the Belize Rural Development Project II project (EU-funded).
This project aims at increasing rural household incomes and food security through participation in rural market economy expansion. The programme has three main components:
• Enterprise promotion and employment generation in rural areas,
• Rehabilitation of economic rural infrastructure,
• Institutional strengthening and policy advice.
The BRDP is implemented mainly by grant call for proposals, infrastructure tenders and TA for institutional support and management.
Specifically, the objective of this contract is to provide technical assistance support to the Line Ministries and NAO in the implementation and management of BRDP II. The TA Team (TAT) provides:
• Support for administrative, preparatory and ancillary tasks relating to planning, monitoring, and reporting on project components, procurement, and financial management,
• Training in PCM and procurement procedure.
Specific tasks of the TAT KE3 Civil Engineer include:
• Provide supervision and reporting as may be required;
• Support the NAO in the overall management of tender process (preparation of guidelines, evaluation of tenders and monitoring/supervision of execution);
• Set-up monitoring and evaluation system for all projects components (together with the rest of the TAT);
• Support timely preparation of tenders, assist in the preparation of technical specifications and launching of infrastructure projects;
• Establish a system that guarantees that the contractual documents related to the implementation of the project are elaborated/managed/monitored in a manner consistent with EU procedures (EC Practical Guide for External Actions); and
• Strengthen the NAO in the overall management of BRDP programme.
• As summary, the KE3 Civil Engineer will contribute to the main objective of this contract by providing technical assistance to the NAO and Line Ministries in the implementation and management of BRDP II, and in particular the infrastructure component.
Civil Engineer (~ 440 man days)
Qualifications and skills
• University degree, preferably to at least masters’ level, in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• He/she should be able to speak Spanish.
General Professional Experience
• Experience of at least 5 years in building non-private house structures such as markets, public buildings and paved roads (middle rank).
Specific Professional Experience
• At least 4 years in developing countries.
• Experience of EU funded projects.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in English – written and spoken.
• Computer literate.
• Experience of the Caribbean and in particular Belize considered an asset.