Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
2 ST Education Experts for study of performance indicators
COUNTRY/ LOCATION Nuuk (Greenland), home offices of experts, Brussels (Belgium)
EXPERTS E1 Senior Education specialist, E2 Junior Education Specialist
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 07.01.2013
PROJECT DURATION 180 days, five field missions to Greenland (in principle 2 missions for the senior expert and 3 missions for the junior expert)
NUMBER WORK DAYS E1 41 working days, E2 46 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS A high level of written and spoken English. The working language of this assignment will be English and Danish. Working knowledge of the Greenlandic Language is an
DEADLINE 01/12/2012 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
TOR ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
OBSERVATIONS • Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
3. EXPERTS PROFILE / EXPERTISE REQUIRED
3.1. Number of requested experts per category and number of man-days per expert or per category
This assignment will require the expertise of one senior expert for the maximum duration of 41 man-days (incl. travel time) and the expertise of one junior expert for the maximum duration of 46 man-days (incl. travel time). The number of days granted for travel to/from Greenland will depend on the home base of the expert. The required expertise for the team is indicated in section 3.2. The planning and timeframe are indicated in section 4.
The senior expert will also be the team leader.
3.2. Profile per expert or expertise required
Expert 1 Education specialist
Masters level Education sciences preferably with a specialisation in education statistical analysis
• Senior education specialist with at least 10 years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in the statistical analysis of the education sector
• Experience in setting up performance monitoring systems for education programmes
• Specific experience of working in Greenland
• Previous experience of working with European Commission aid procedures
Previous experience of working in the education sector in Greenland
Previous experience of working in the education sector in Denmark
Required: A high level of written and spoken English. The working language of this assignment will be English.
Added advantage (see note) : Working knowledge of Danish
Expert 2 Education Specialist
Education Masters level, Education sciences or equivalent
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience of the education sector.
• Experience in statistical analysis of data related to the education sector
• Demonstrated experience in working with Student tracking systems in the education sector or vocational training.
• Specific experience of working in Greenland
• Previous experience of working with European Commission aid procedures including on general or sector budget support
• A high level of written and spoken English. The working language of this assignment will be English.
• Working knowledge of Danish
Added advantage (see note) : Working knowledge of the Greenlandic Language
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
4.1. Starting period January 2013
4.2. Foreseen finishing period / duration 180 days
The assignment consists of five field missions to Greenland (in principle 2 missions for the senior expert and 3 missions for the junior expert), the briefing of the team leader in Brussels, the presentation of the report by both experts in Brussels and work in the home office.
The purpose of the first visit is to obtain any necessary lacking information after having analysed the provided material and to agree with the Ministry of Education and Research on the key performance objectives of a monitoring system for the Greenland education programme. The schedule for further field missions will be proposed by the contractor in the work plan as mentioned under 2.3.
4.4. Location of assignment
Nuuk (Greenland), home offices of experts, Brussels (Belgium)