Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
2 ELECTION EXPERTS
E1 Election Expert, Team Leader
E2 Election Expert,
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 25-02-2013
NUMBER WORK DAYS 102
E1 51.00 working days
E2 51.00 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Excellent written and spoken skills in French
DEADLINE 26/January/2013 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
TOR ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Election Expert – Experts profiles
1 Senior (Team Leader) 51wd
Project location Togo/Home-based
-Advanced University degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations or any other discipline relevant to the assignment, or equivalent professional experience of approximately 11 years in the area related to Lot 7.
– At least 10 years of experience in the area related to Lot 7.
– At least 5 years work experience in the field of electoral assistance and electoral observation and analysis, preferably as part of an EU Election Observation Mission or an Election Technical Assistance project of the EU or of other international organisations, possibly including managing an electoral observation mission, drafting statements and reports;
-Familiarity with the legal and regulatory framework for the elections as well as international and regional standards for elections. In this context the “Compendium of International Standards for Elections” is an important background document 2 ;
– Excellent understanding of the functioning of election management bodies;
– Experience in assessing the media landscape and media framework, according to international and regional standards, particularly as regards to elections, will be an asset;
– Previous experience in the country and/or the region and good networks within the different sectors of society in order to be immediately operational will be an asset.
-Excellent written and spoken French.
– Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
– Excellent report drafting skills;
– Coordination and management skills and past experience of management in a similar assignment, preferably as Deputy Chief Observer in an Election Observation Mission or as Chief Technical Adviser in a technical assistance project;
– Proven knowledge and field experience of EU policies and programmes in the area of human rights, democratization and good governance;
– Proven work experience in project implementation and budget management of international civilian missions, preferably as part of an EU Election Observation Mission or an EU Election Expert Mission project will be an asset.;
– Proven work experience of contractual and budgetary procedures of EC external action and related mechanisms will be an asset.
1 Senior 51 wd
Project location Togo/Home-based
-Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Media, Human Rights or any other discipline relevant to the assignment, or 11 years of equivalent professional experience in related areas.
– At least 10 years of experience in the area of journalism, media or law related to media / media watching.
-At least 5 years work experience in the field of electoral assistance and electoral observation and analysis, preferably as part of an EU Election Observation Mission or an EU Election Technical Assistance project, possibly including managing an electoral observation mission, drafting statements and reports;
– Familiarity with the legal and regulatory framework for the election as well as international and regional standards for elections. In this context the “Compendium of International Standards for Elections” is an important background document 3 ;
– Extensive experience in Media and/or Human Rights monitoring systems, legislation and methodology, election administration and/or election observation and assistance.
– Familiarity with planning and implementing Media monitoring components of election observation missions or technical assistance projects.
– Previous experience in the country and/or the region, of working in a post -conflict environment and good networks within the different sectors of society in order to be immediately operational is an asset.
-Excellent written and spoken skills in French.