Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
ST EXPERT FOR MID-TERM EVALUATION, FISHERY SECTOR
LOCATION ACP Region
EXPERTS E1 Senior expert, fishery sector
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 11/03/2013 To: 11/09/2013
NUMBER WORK DAYS E1 The expert is expected to be mobilised and start the assignment in March 2013 for an overall period of 30 working days, including field mission (25 working days) and home based work to finalise the report (5 working days).
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Fluency in spoken and written English; Good knowledge in verbal and written French proven by work experience in a French speaking country.
DEADLINE 18/February/2013 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
2.3. Requested services
The services to be undertaken by a reviewer include, but are not limited to, an assessment of the DEVFISH 2 using the broad evaluation criteria defined in the EC’s guidelines on evaluation of programmes. These criteria are:
• Relevance – how appropriate is the project design in relation to the project purpose? This should include reviewing and analysing the relevance of the Programme in relation to regional policies and agreements and the institutional capacities of beneficiaries, assessing its relevance and integration into other regional policies and data flows, assessing the level of stakeholder participation.
• Efficiency – how well are the available resources being used to achieve the intended results? This should include the conducting a cost-effectiveness analysis of the intervention strategies/approaches used in the project, including the management structure and implementation modalities, assessing the networking opportunities established so far by the project with government agencies, and other stakeholders, assessing the partnerships and their roles in needs assessment.
• Effectiveness –to which extent are the planned results being achieved? This should include assessing the project implementation against the planned activity timeframe, assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the project and provide recommendations for improvement of implementation, assessing the degree of satisfaction of stakeholders with the project’s quality and delivery of services, reviewing the roles of the technical assistance and other stakeholders, assessing in how far monitoring arrangements are adequate (provide recommendations for improvement), determining the internal and external factors that have contributed both positively and adversely on DEVFISH2 ability to meet the projected target activities so far.
• Impact – Assess the likely impact of the project on the target beneficiaries and the wider effect on institutional arrangements and capacities to sustainable use of marine resources and poverty alleviation in P-ACP countries.
• Sustainability – Provide recommendations regarding possible measures to sustain the positive outcomes of the project.
The consultant is requested to verify, analyse and assess the integration and impact of relevant cross cutting issues in the project.
2.4. Required outputs
The reviewer will produce the following outputs:
• An inception report, including an assignment work plan within 5 working days of mobilisation: it will be sent to representatives of the Regional Authorising Officer (RAO) and the EU Delegation in Solomon Islands and will be subject to the approval of the EU Delegation in Solomon Islands.
• Stakeholder consultations in Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and other P-ACP countries as necessary. Stakeholder consultation could take place by Videoconference, regional meetings (if any) or other means.
• An end of mission aide memoire of maximum 25 pages presenting comprehensive findings and preliminary recommendations. This Aide Memoire will be presented in a debriefing session (per telephone or video conference as agreed upon during inception phase) to representatives of FFA, SPC, RAO the EU Delegation in Solomon Islands.
• A draft final report of maximum 50 pages plus annexes within 10 calendar days of ending the mission.
• A final report incorporating the comments received from the concerned parties on the draft report. On the basis of comments expressed, the review team has to amend and revise the draft report. Comments requesting methodological quality improvements should be taken into account, except where there is a demonstrated impossibility, in which case justification should be provided by the review team. Comments on the substance of the report may be either accepted or rejected. In the latter instance, the review team will need to substantiate and explain the reasons in writing. The final report will be subject to the approval of the RAO and the EU Delegation in Solomon Islands.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Senior (at least 10 years of experience)
Duration 30.00 working days
Requirements Qualifications and skills
• Master’s Degree in natural resource management or related relevant field from a university. Additional qualifications in economics or trade will be of advantage.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Good knowledge in verbal and written French proven by work experience in a French speaking country.
• Excellent reporting, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literate
General professional experiences
• At least 10 years of professional experience in policy advice in the fishery sector or management of fisheries programmes at regional level in the Pacific or the Caribbean. Experience with national competent authorities, implementation of MSC or IUU regulation advantageous.
• Strong experience in EU funded project evaluations, project reviews and economic / social impact analysis
• Familiar with EU Project Cycle Management
Specific professional experience
• Experience in the Pacific or other small islands developing countries would be considered as an advantage
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the experts stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets