Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
4 ST XPERTS FOR THE EVALUATION OF EU BUDGET SUPPORT PROGRAMME, VET
LOCATION Yerevan, Armenia
E1 Team Leader/Economist, Senior
E2 VET policy expert, Junior
E3 LM/Employment expert, junior
E4 Civil Engineer (construction), Junior
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT March 2013
PROJECT DURATION The Consultant should complete this assignment in a period of 4 calendar months
NUMBER WORK DAYS 240
E1 30 working days
E2 70 working days
E3 70 working days
E4 70 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Fluent in spoken and written English
DEADLINE 28/February/2013 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
> Requested services, including suggested methodology
Upon arrival in Armenia, the evaluation team will be provided with additional relevant documentation on the National development programmes, the SP and the SPSP. A kick off meeting will be organized at the EU Delegation. A de-briefing meeting (video-conference from Yerevan) will be organized at the EU Delegation towards the end of the mission with participation of the HQs.
The team will be briefed by relevant persons at the office of the National Coordination Unit at the Ministry of Economy (NCU), the Ministry of Education and Science and the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs and other officials responsible for the implementation of the sector programme. The evaluation team will develop their methodology and work plan after it has been discussed and agreed with the above stakeholders. The experts will then proceed with meetings, investigations, analytical work and field visits on the basis of the work plan agreed. The EU Delegation shall receive and approve the list of evaluation questions prior to launching the interviews.
The evaluators will be expected to indicate in their methodology the approach for selecting the specific colleges identified for assessment of outcomes and impact. The intention should be to enable the evaluation of a range of experiences so that the various questions elaborated in this ToR and the annexed guidelines can be answered. The selection may be amended during the assignment’s inception phase.
In conducting and completing the evaluation, the evaluation team will work closely with the above mentioned entities. Further the evaluation team will work with the:
• Staff within MoES and MoLSA responsible for relevant sector polices;
• Direct and indirect beneficiaries of the selected infrastructure projects;
• TA experts who supported the SPSP;
• Where applicable, other stakeholders, donors, public or private institutions involved in relevant Sector programmes or Budget Support.
> Required outputs
The final report should address all issues mentioned above for both components of the Sector Programme – VET and Employment/Labour Market – and should present the evaluation team’ findings on the following:
• Contribution of the SPSP to the implementation and performance of the SP (or to the sector)
• Assessment of the relationship of the two SPSP/SBS components and assessment of their added value, including their contribution to social and economic development at large;
• Analysis of strengths and weaknesses of the use of the Budget Support modality in the specific sector, based on relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability;
• Assessment of scope and quality of the Performance Monitoring systems; Check and review of indicators, and identification of gaps;
• Assessment of financial management and budget situation of VET College’s and other frontline service providers in the sector.
• Asses the quality of management of the VET colleges and make recommendations for capacity development where appropriate
• Qualitative review of capacity development of concerned bodies;
• Analysis of the cooperation and coordination between the different sector stakeholders;
• Assessment of the efficiency and effectiveness of the Technical Assistance provided under
• Assess the extent to which the renovation of buildings and provision of modern equipment has-been_efficient-and-C0ntributed-t0-better-delivery-0f-VET-(can-be-based-0n-field-visits-t0-a-sample of not less than 20% of colleges combined with a written questionnaire).
• Assessment of the degree to which delineation of educational and professional profiles have moved closer to modern European standards and comment on gaps if any
• Identification of the lessons learned and formulation of recommendations on the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SPSP/ Budget Support Modality in both sectors;
• An executive summary with the principal conclusions and recommendations.
EXPERTS PROFILE OR EXPERTISE Number of requested experts per category and number of man-days per expert
Experts Category Working days*
El – Team Leader/Economist Senior 30
E2 – VET policy expert Junior 70
E3 – LM/Employment expert Junior 70
E4 – Civil Engineer (construction) Junior 70
Expert 1- Team Leader/Economist
• MA degree or equivalent academic qualifications in development economics, public administration or a related field Or At least 10 years of experience in the design and implementation of Sector Programmes and SPSPs, including public finance management and capacity development. Experience in CIS countries will be considered an asset
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Experience in poverty alleviation, social protection and services and PRSP (or similar national documents) related issues
• Extensive experience in the evaluation of Education projects
• Experience with Public Expenditure reviews
• Experience in assessing capacity development processes,
• Proven knowledge of EC approach and terminology in budget support and on sector policy support programmes – SPSPs in general
Expert 2- VET Policy
• MA degree or equivalent academic qualifications in Education Or
• At least 3 years of practical experience in Education development projects, where experience in the ENPI area and Caucasus would be a distinct asset
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Extensive knowledge and experience in issues related to policy reforms in VET sector (in the CIS countries in particular)
• Extensive experience in the evaluation of VET programmes
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Armenian VET sector
Expert 3 – Labour Market/Employment
• MA degree or equivalent academic qualifications in economics or other relevant discipline Or At least 3 years of practical experience in Labour market development projects level, where experience in CIS countries/Caucasus would be a distinct asset
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Extensive experience in the evaluation of Labour Market programmes
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of mechanisms and functions of Armenian labour market and employment sector
Expert 4 – Civil Engineer (Construction)
• MS degree or equivalent academic qualifications in construction engineering Or At least 3 years of practical experience in construction of public buildings including schools
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Work experience in civil construction field
• Knowledge and understanding of Armenian VET sector needs
• Experience in monitoring civil works contracts
Knowledge of Armenian and/or Russian will be an advantage for all experts.
Working language(s) English
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
> Starting period
Indicative starting period of the assignment is March 2013.
> Foreseen finishing period or duration
The Consultant should complete this assignment in a period of 4 calendar months.
The TL will provide a total of 30 working days, whereas the rest of the team a total of 70 working days per expert over a period of 4 calendar months. Indicatively 2 trips should be planned per each expert.
> Location(s) of assignment
Main location of the assignment will be Yerevan. However, missions shall be organised during the duration of the assignment all over the country for the purpose of performance monitoring and assessment.