Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
STUDY ON NON-GRANT OFFICIAL FLOWS TO SOUTH AFRICA AND THEIR UTILISATION
LOCATION South Africa
E1 Team leader (senior expert), development cooperation
E2 Junior Expert
E3 Junior Expert
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 11/04/2013 – 14/08/2013
PROJECT DURATION 4 months
NUMBER WORK DAYS 118 working days
E1 56.00 working days
E2 31.00 working days
E3 31.00 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Fluent in spoken and written English.
DEADLINE 12/March/2013 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Team leader (senior expert): with education equivalent to a Masters Degree in Economics, Finance (Development Finance and Corporate), Public Policy or Business Administration or equivalent qualification, and 10 years appropriate international and/or local experience relevant to the assignment. He/she should have working experience on development cooperation with specific interest in South Africa, and should also possess excellent English language skills – both verbal and written. The expert should extensively possess the following knowledge and practical experience:
• In-depth understanding of Public finance and debt management analysis and assessment
• Development finance
• Banking and credit risk assessment
• ODA loan and donor management
• Demonstrable knowledge of IDFIs, including knowledge of the South African DFIs and municipal financing.
• Project cycle management processes.
• Previous experience in project formulation and design for development finance and corporate projects.
• Proven data and financial analysis skills.
• Experience in conducting feasibility studies.
Collectively the team should demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge and experience in conducting public sector feasibility studies;
• Proven research or published studies or reports;
• Knowledge of Paris declaration on aid effectiveness.
It is envisaged that the assignment will be performed within a period of four months, indicatively starting on 11 April 2013, with a mobilisation and briefing meeting, and ending approximately in mid-August 2013, with the submission of the final report and the debriefing session.
The mobilisation and briefing meeting with the National Treasury is foreseen to be held in Pretoria on Thursday 11 April 2013. This will be confirmed once the contract has been awarded.
A total of 118 working days have been provided for the assignment, with the Team Leader accounting for 56 working days and the Junior Experts accounting for 31 working days each. NB: the working days include a provision of 18 travel days (representing six days of travel for each expert).
According to the OECD DAC definition official flows to South Africa are either Official Development Assistance (ODA), or Other Official Flows (OOF). Flows can only be classified as ODA if they meet the following criteria:
a) they are provided by official agencies (state and local government level) or by their executing agencies;
b) the transaction is administered with the promotion of economic development and welfare of developing countries as its main objective; and
c) the transaction is concessional in character and conveys a grant element of at least 25%1.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stays overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets