Killefit consult – consultant sourcing and project management
SUPPORT TO NEGOTIATIONS OF COMPREHENSIVE EPA
E1 Trade Policy Specialist (senior expert)
PROJECT COMMENCEMENT 01/04/2013 – 31/03/2014
NUMBER WORK DAYS E1 140.00 working days
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS Fluency in English (written and spoken)
DEADLINE 20/MARCH/2013 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
ELIGIBLE NATIONALITIES all
• Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
• Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
• All experts must have at least regional experience
• Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile: Expert 1 Trade Policy Specialist (senior expert)
Category of expert Senior (at least 10 years of experience)
Duration 140.00 working days
A masters university degree in economics, development studies, law or related fields
Fluency in English (written and spoken)
A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including experience with implementation of trade policy and trade related assistance programmes
Proven knowledge of and work experience in the East African Community
Proven knowledge of and direct work experience in the area of EU-ACP EPA negotiations in Kenya and EAC region
The following qualifications would be considered as advantageous:
1) Experience supporting trade negotiators on EPA EAC/ACP region
2) Experience in Private Sector Development Strategies, Trade and Investment issues
The required input amounts to 140 working days, with effect from 1st April 2013 to 31 March 2014.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the experts stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets