consultant sourcing and project management
Technical Assistance for Trainings in Construction (Plumber, Plastering and Painting) and Entrepreneurship
|Location||Ethiopia, The assignment will take place in three Ethiopian towns: Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa and Jijiga|
|E1||Team Leader/Senior expert in Construction|
|MISSION duration||The maximum total duration is 360 calendar days including performance period, reporting, submission of comments and submission of final report.|
|Number work days||E1||67 man days over the contract period|
|Language requirements||• Fluency in written and spoken English.• Fluency in written and spoken Amharic is an asset.|
|Deadline||16/April 2013 10:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the above requirements
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
|3. EXPERTS PROFILE3.1 Number of requested experts per category and number of man-days expert
The technical assistance team will consist of 1 senior expert – Team Leader for a total of 67 man-days. The team leader will be responsible for the overall coordination.
3.2 Profile per expert
Expert 1 – Team Leader/Senior expert in Construction
Key Expert 1: Team Leader (67 man days over the contract period)
Required qualifications and skills
• Minimum of University degree in Construction and Building Management, Civil Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Business Management, Development Management, Social Science, Development Studies or other relevant/directly related field of studies, or having equivalent experience in this fields of minimum 15 years.
General professional experience
• At least 10 years of professional experience in the field of entrepreneurship/business skills and vocational/construction trainings and supervision.
Specific professional experience
• Knowledge of business administration/management, development policies, strategies and programs/projects,
• Having relevant action research, training and impact evaluation experience in similar programmes.
• Experience in the design of multi-disciplinary team training program, use of interactive and participatory methods and tools, and manual development skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and Somali is an asset.
• Ability to manage and lead a multi-disciplinary team and various stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Other Qualifications and Skills
• Knowledge of sustainable livelihoods and integrated community development approach;
• Good understanding of the social and economic policies of the EU and the Government of Ethiopia.
At any time, the European Union will be able to ask for the replacement of an expert, if he/she does not meet the minimum standard requirements of technical quality required for this project. The consultant will provide at no additional cost to the European Union an immediate replacement to meet the required standards.
Note that civil servants and other staff of the public administration of the beneficiary country cannot be recruited as experts, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the European Commission.
4. LOCATION AND DURATION
4.1 Starting date
Signature of the contract is expected in early May 2013.
4.2 Foreseen finishing period or duration
The maximum total duration is 360 calendar days including performance period, reporting, submission of comments and submission of final report.
The assessment including the preparation period, field work, the provision and quality assurance of the training programme and finalization of final report will take a period of 360 calendar days from the date the contract is signed by both parties. The trainings will be conducted under close supervision of a team at the Ministry of Women, Children and Youth Affairs. On site the team will have support by the Regional Bureaus and relevant partners. The costs for the participants to attend the training workshops will be covered by the imprest component of the Programme Estimate