consultant sourcing and project management
TA to the Executive Secretariat for Trade and Transport Facilitation in Jordan
|Experts||E1||Senior Expert for Trade and Transport Facilitation|
|Number work days||E1||150 man-days|
|Language skills||Fluency in both written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage|
|Deadline||06.07.2013, 17:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the above requirements
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
5- Applicants are encouraged to create their consultant profile in our online registry at: http://www.killefitconsult.com/beta/
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
One Senior Expert for Trade and Transport Facilitation
• Master Degree in Economics or equivalent, PhD would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in trade and transport facilitation.
• Experience in the MEDA region and transition countries, if in trade and transport issues would be an advantage.
• Proven experience in the design and development of trade and transport facilitation programmes in transition countries and/or the MEDA region.
• Extensive strategic planning experience in transition countries.
• Proven experience in Capacity building.
• Experience in electronic data bases and data processing, would be an advantage. Sound understanding of trade policy issues affecting Jordan and the region as a whole.
• Good understanding of transport policies and customs issues and procedures, as well as logistic centers and port facilities.
• Experience in promoting public private partnership (PPP) in trade or transport would be an advantage.
• Experience in and a knowledge of international supply chain , indicators development, Customs brokerage and shipping/forwarding practices, would be an advantage
• High quality analytical and document drafting skills.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage.
• Good management, communication, diplomatic and presentation skills.
• Computer Literacy (MS Office applications).