consultant sourcing and project management
Support to Min of Agriculture, Water & Forestry in the Development of WATSAN, MTEF and PMS
|Experts||KE1||Budgeting and Monitoring WATSAN Expert (Senior Level)|
|commencement||21/10/2013 – 30/03/2014|
|MISSION duration||3 months|
|Number work days||KE1||240 working days|
|Language skills||Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken), while mastering any of the other languages spoken in Namibia would be an asset|
|Deadline||17. September 2013, 14:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the above requirements
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile: Expert 1 Budgeting and Monitoring WATSAN Expert
Category of expert Senior (at least 10 years of experience)
Duration 240.00 working days
– At least a Masters in a relevant field e.g. public sector financial management or related monitoring and evaluation activities, or alternatively an Honors Degree in the same area;
– At least ten (10) years practical experience for a Masters Degree, and a minimum of twelve (12) years for lower degrees;
– Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in the implementation and practical application to WATSAN public sector financial management and/or monitoring and evaluation similar to those used in Namibia;
– Experience of providing capacity development in public sector financial management and/or monitoring and evaluation using a full range of interventions backed up with demonstrable success indicators and specifying references;
– Experience of working in a similar public sector MTEF as used in Namibia;
– Experience of working in similar assignments in Southern Africa, preferably in the public sector, will be considered an asset;
– Experience with Sector Budget Support, and with the latest EU-approach to Sector Budget Support would be desirable;
– Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity, interpersonal skills, team working skills and negotiation skills;
– Computer literacy, excellent report writing skills and ability to produce quality documents;
– Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken), while mastering any of the other languages spoken in Namibia would be an asset;
– Valid driving license is highly recommended.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets