consultant sourcing and project management
Consultancy to provide advisory services for the recruitment and due diligence on a Fund Manager for the SMADF
|Experts||KE1||Equity fund and financial engineering expert|
|commencement||11/11/2013 – 30/04/2014|
|KE1||57.00 working days|
|Deadline||27/10/2013 14:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the above requirements
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Senior (at least 10 years of experience)
Duration 57.00 working days
Requirements Equity fund and financial engineering expert
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent, with specialization/expertise in financial engineering, financial services management, investment bank management, or equity management or any related disciplines on financial instruments for business developments and risk investment
• At least 10 years of relevant experience including investment finance, programme design and management, including assignments in East Africa and/or similar contexts.
• Proven experience as team leader in short-term assignments, including in the context of leading negotiations between institutions to set-up partnership, with ability to facilitate and coordinate team work and accommodate and take into account the views and opinions expressed by a variety of stakeholders, with rigor and objectivity.
• Experience in managing or designing financial support programmes for business development of SMEs (banking products development for SMEs, Equity Fund management for SMEs, Investment Funds and venture capital for SMEs development) particularly in a developing country context
• Working experience in investment banking sector, especially in Africa, is an added advantage
• Conversant with EDF, and EU Budget lines rules and regulations and possibly with other major donors agency implementations rules (EU member countries development banks and development agencies, EIB, WB, IFAD, African Development bank etc.) is an asset
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent writing and analytical skills
• Fluency in English
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per Diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc) and it is only paid if the expert stays overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets