consultant sourcing and project management
Evaluation of the activities at end of inception phase implemented under the Financing Agreement “EU Support to the Justice Sector” (FED/2011/021-747)
|Location||Home base of the expert & Nigeria, As need arise, field visits in Nigeria to accompany UNODC & UNICEF staff to meetings with stakeholders.|
|Experts||E1||Senior, programme manager/expert in the Justice sector|
|Commencement||March 24, 2013|
|MISSION duration||90 days|
|E1||21 working days, inclusive of 15 working days in Nigeria.|
|Language skills||Proficiency in English|
|Deadline||15/FEB/2014 12:00:00Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToR NIGERIA DMP1898709|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
| Number of requested experts per category and number of man-days per expert or per categoryOne (1) category I ( ≥ 12 years) expert for a total of 21 working days, inclusive of 15 working
days in Nigeria.
Minimum required skills:
Candidate should have:
• At least a Master Degree (Academic level) in Law, or a relevant, directly related discipline, or equivalent;
• ≥ 12 years of professional experience as programme manager/expert in the Justice sector, or equivalent;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner in English.
Preferred required skills for this assignment:
• Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
• Excellent interpersonal skills to relate to counterparts on all levels of hierarchy;
• IT literate, very good data-processing knowledge, and of office automation software;
• Experience in communication, negotiation and dialogue at high level;
• Experience with projects financed from the European Development Fund (EDF), and following Project Cycle Management
(http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/multimedia/publications/publications/manualstools/t101_en.htm) and Financial and Contractual Management Procedures (http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prag/document.do?locale=en);
• Experience with capacity development projects as per guidance provided by the “EU backbone strategy”
(http://ec.europa.eu/development/icenter/repository/backbone_strategy_technical_cooperation _en.pdf) and the “Guidelines on “Making technical cooperation more effective”
At least two references including phone number and email address shall be supplied for the proposed expert.
Management team member presence required or not for briefing and/or debriefing: No.