consultant sourcing and project management
Preparatory Action for the new phase of EU development and cooperation projects on education in Turkmenistan
|Experts||E1||Senior Category 1, Education Expert|
|Commencement||25-03-2014 – 30-03-2015|
|MISSION duration||12 months.|
|E1||97 Working Days|
|Language skills||English, Very good knowledge of Russian.|
|Deadline||19/FEB/2014 12:00:00Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Description of the assignment
To ensure follow-up and implementation of previous technical assistance programmes on education and prepare the ground for the new phase of EU support to the education sector in Turkmenistan.
To provide support to both the European Commission and the Government of Turkmenistan for the implementation of the activities prior to the commencement of the project “Support to the Education Sector in Turkmenistan”(AAP 2013), and in view of the new actions foreseen for the New Programming Period 2014-2020.
• Monitoring of previous EU Technical Assistance project on “Further improvement of quality and relevance of professional education (VET)” results: carry out two monitoring missions (between April/May and December 2014) in each of the 4 VET pilot schools to assess the implementation progress of the new programmes developed by the VET project. After consultation of all background material which will be provided, the contractor is expected to suggest a qualitative/quantitative approach to the monitoring exercise which will be discussed with the Commission service in Brussels prior to the start of the assignment.
• Follow up of implementation of policy recommendations and deliverables of VET project (notably the Action Plan for VET) and provide additional inputs to the design and elaboration of EU future intervention on education/VET sector in the New Programming Period 2014-2020;
• Prepare the terms of reference for the project “Support to the Education Sector in Turkmenistan” (AAP 2013), in close cooperation with the European Commission and the European Training Foundation (ETF);
• Organise 2 one-day training courses in consultation with the European Commission and on themes relevant to education reform, including also issues linked to quality of VET and employability (indicative dates: September 2014 – February 2015);
• Support the organisation of 2 one-day seminars in consultation with the European Commission and in co-operation with the ETF on themes relevant to school leadership (May 2014 – November 2014). These seminars will be organised by the ETF as a follow up to the activities carried out in 2013.
• Organise 4 meetings with ‘education stakeholders’ to promote and animate a constructive dialogue around the reform of general and professional education. These meetings shall be organised in the form of ‘working groups’ and include representative of at least the following actors: Ministry of Education, Institute of Education, Ministry of Labour Protection, Union of Economists, Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, School teachers and directors, representatives of private sector. They should possibly take place the day before the seminars and training courses.
The framework contractor is expected to liaise, in the execution of all tasks, with the Commission service and with ETF. They will provide him with all relevant information and background material on previous EU support programmes.
• Monitoring report on EU VET Project implementation -notably on curricula – including recommendations for improvement if need be, as well as timetable to mainstream pilot programmes into official sector VET programmes;
• Report on state of progress of Education Sector development in Turkmenistan – including update on policy implementation and proposed work-plan for reform advancement in both secondary general and professional education;
• Terms of Reference for the project “Support to the Education Sector in Turkmenistan”;
• Elaboration of proposals and inputs for the new programming period 2014-2020;
• Agenda of seminars, list of participants, training material.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Senior Category 1
Duration 97 Working Days
Requirements Qualifications and Skills
• University degree or equivalent in Education, Economics or Social Science.
• Very good knowledge of the European Education and Professional Education System.
• Excellent writing, communication and organization skills.
• Fluency in English.
• Very good knowledge of Russian.
General Professional experience
• General post graduate professional experience with at least 12 years of experience in projects on education.
Specific Professional experience
• Proven experience in working with EU financed technical assistance on education in CSI countries and/or Central Asia.
• Proven experience in designing and facilitating workshops and related activities.
• Proven experience in Capacity Building and Institutional Strengthening activities.
• Proven experience in labour market analysis and TVET.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, teleco, etc) and it is only paid if the expert stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets