consultant sourcing and project management
Strategic Environmental Assessment of the Energy Sector Policy in Rwanda
|Experts||E1||Senior expert, TL, experience in environmental assessment|
|E2||Expert in environmental assessment|
|E3||Expert in environmental assessment|
|Commencement||31/03/2014 – 01/07/2014|
|E1||55.00 working days|
|E2||52.00 working days|
|E3||50.00 working days|
|Language skills||E1 + E2-Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;E3 Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Full working knowledge of Kinyarwanda will be an asset|
|Deadline||09/03/2014 12:00:00Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:1 – Your up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2 – The country, no of position/field (s) you will apply for in the subject line of message
3 – Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
4 – Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
| Profile: Expert 1Category of expert I
Duration 55.00 working days
• University degree or post-graduate studies in relevant field (e.g. environmental sciences, environmental economics);
• Experience in developing and conducting SEAs and /or similar environmental assessment assignments; at least one of these assignments as a team leader;
• Fully conversant with the EU’s Project Cycle Management Aid Delivery methodologies, including Sector Policy Support Programmes and Sector Reform Contracts;
• SEA experience in the energy sector will be favoured;
• Over the last seven years, at least one relevant experience in developing countries, preferably in Eastern and/or Central Africa;
• Excellent report writing and communication skills;
• Full working knowledge of English.
Profile: Expert 2
Category of expert I
Duration 52.00 working days
• University degree or post-graduate studies in relevant fields (e.g. energy studies, energy engineering, energy economics);
• Over the last five years, at least one working experience in applying environmental assessment tool, preferably in the energy sector;
• Over the last seven years, at least two relevant experiences in developing countries, preferably in Eastern and/or Central Africa;
• Prior experience in geothermal energy considered an advantage;
• Knowledge of the European Commission (EC)’s procedures will be an asset;
• Full working knowledge of English.
Profile: Expert 3
Category of expert III
Duration 50.00 working days
• Bachelor’s degree level in relevant field (energy studies, environmental sciences, energy or environmental economics);
• Over the last three years, at least one working experience in environmental assessments in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in the energy sector;
• Over the last three years, at least one relevant experience in developing countries, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa;
• Full working knowledge of English;
• Full working knowledge of Kinyarwanda will be an asset.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• Working days are from Monday to Friday, if not indicated otherwise in the ToR
• Per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, telecom, etc.) and it is only paid if the expert stay overnight.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class flight tickets