consultant sourcing and project management
Technical Assistance for Local Development and Local Governance Programmes in Pakistan
|Experts||E1||TL, Expert with experience in development cooperation APPLY|
|MISSION duration||18 months|
|E1||160 Working Days. This Specific Contract foresees 8 missions with duration of 20 working days each. The FWC is requested to define each mission’s deliverables in coordination with the EUD.|
|Language skills||Excellent English-language communication and drafting abilities|
|Deadline||31.05.2014 12:00:00Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
New Request for Services
Project Title Technical Assistance for Local Development and Local Governance Programmes in Pakistan
Internal number 053014
Approx. Dates From 01-09-2014To
Eligible Nationalities All
Deadline for submissions of CV
for internal consortium voting 02-06-2014
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category 1
Duration 160 Working Days
– The expert working under the present contract must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities attributed to him/her. Civil servants and other agents of the public administration in Pakistan, regardless of their administrative situation, cannot be recruited for this assignment.
– In general the expert will have an in-depth understanding of Pakistan’s rural sector and rural development challenges and opportunities, the various rural development approaches and implementation models used in the country as well as knowledge of the EU approaches/interventions related to local governance, devolution and community development.
– A post-graduate (Master level) or equivalent qualification in political, development or social studies, law or public administration.
– At least 12 years of experience in development cooperation, developing or transition countries with a focus on local governance, decentralisation, community driven area based development approaches (comparative experience in countries from South/South-East Asia will be considered an asset).
– Experience in design, appraisal and M&E (result-oriented monitoring systems, online monitoring systems and use of GIS will be considered an asset).
– Experience in design and implementation of trainings in local governance, community development and social mobilisation.
– Experience in (co-operation with) international institutions, notably with the EU, UNDP, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, DFID, GIZ, etc.
– Experience in research and policy making in areas such as local governance, local development, rural development, community development.
– Excellent English-language communication and drafting abilities.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• The working days are Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified in the mandate
• The per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, Telecom, etc.) and it is paid only if the expert must spend the night there.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class tickets