consultant sourcing and project management
Formulation of the 11th EDF Justice Sector Project in Kenya (JSP)
|Experts||E1||Team Leader with significant experience in Democratic governance– Cat. I APPLY|
|E2||Expert with substantial professional experience in the field of Justice, Rule of Law, Human Rights – Category II APPLY|
|Commencement||18th September 2014 – no later than 20th December 2014|
|E1||67.00 working days|
|E2||43.00 working days|
|Language skills||Fluent English (written and oral)|
|Deadline||25/08/2014 23:59:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIVE GENERAL:
The formulation mission should enhance the contribution of the EU in Kenya to the implementation of the rule of law and accountability priorities as defined under MTP II.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE, APPLICATION SERVICES AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The formulation should deliver a draft project in support of the Justice Sector consolidating the findings of the identification phase.
1)A senior expert I (Team Leader) with at least 12 years of work experience.
The Expert should possess a significant experience in Democratic governance, with a proved experience in the following areas required:
– Substantial professional experience of at least 10 years in the field of Justice, Rule of Law, Human Rights;
– Significant experience in development programmes in support to Justice and the administration of Justice, Judiciary reforms, and Rule of Law;
– Knowledge of EDF procedures, with preferably an experience in the identification/formulation of an EDF project;
– Excellent communication and writing skills;
– Fluent English;
– Additional experience in CSO involvement in the broad justice sector will be an asset;
– Experience in East African Community countries (EAC) will be an asset.
2) A senior expert II with at least 6 years of work experience.
The Expert should have strong experience in EU projects, with the following profile required:
– Substantial professional experience in the field of Justice, Rule of Law, Human Rights;
– Very good knowledge of EDF procedures, with at least one experience required in the identification/formulation of an EDF project AND/OR one experience in the implementation of an EDF project;
– Excellent communication and report writing skills (including good command of IT);
– Fluent English.
– Additional experience in gender mainstreaming will be an asset;
– Experience in East African Community countries (EAC) or in Kenya would be an asset.