consultant sourcing and project management
Please follow us on: https://twitter.com/killefitter
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO AU-IBAR – FISHERY GOVERNANCE
|Fisheries & Aquaculture
||AU-IBAR premises Nairobi, Kenya.
||Technical Advisor in fisheries and aquaculture, CAT II APPLY
||1st January 2015
||Excellent command in English language (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Knowledge of other African Union official languages is an advantage.
||10-10-2014 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts
- Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
- Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
- All experts must have at least regional experience
- Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
- To ease the assessment of CVs and avoid delays to obtain required information, the total number of working days / month performed for each position must be specified. Referees from the institutions that have been supported must be provided: for the past 5 years for the expert category I
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
- An up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
- A cover letter where candidates should indicate how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert
- The country and position you will apply for in the subject line of message
- Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
- Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
The overall objective of the project is to enhance the contribution of fisheries resources to food security and economic growth in Africa. The specific objective is to improve institutional and policy environment for sustainable management and utilization of fisheries resources in Africa.
- The incumbent should have an advanced university degree (Masters Level) in Fisheries Sciences or related disciplines.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of successful professional experience in design and implementation of fisheries and aquaculture development programmes in developing countries;
- Working experience and knowledge of the work with international organizations and national governments,
- Knowledge on international fisheries management institutions, instruments and regulations,
- Knowledge of the EU fisheries policy and implications for Africa’s fisheries sector.
- Very strong writing, analytical and communication skills are necessary.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in assessing and revising fisheries policies and regulations for fisheries and aquaculture;
- Knowledge in the formulation and assessment of management and conservation measures e.g.MPA, technical measures, Results Based Fisheries Management (RBFM);
- Has had at least 2 assignments to support capacity development efforts for strengthening Monitoring, Control and Surveillance (MCS) capability to combat IUU practices;
- Has had at least 2 assignments to develop mechanisms or strategies or capacity for optimizing benefits from exploitation of fisheries and aquaculture resources, through for example, promoting compliance for increased market access for Africa’s fish and fisheries products, promoting investments (e.g. access agreements)
- Experience as a technical advisor to a public institution or lead technical expert is an asset;
- English and French are the working languages of the African Union Commission. For this position, fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required. Knowledge of other African Union official languages is an advantage.