consultant sourcing and project management
Please follow us on: https://twitter.com/killefitter
Human Rights Expert To The Cambodian Human Rights Committee
|Experts||E1||Human rights expert, CAT III APPLY|
|MISSION duration||2 Months and one week.|
|E1||42 Working days|
|Language skills||Proficiency in English, knowledge of French and/ or Khmer an asset|
|Deadline||18-10-2014 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category III
Duration 42 Working Days
The Expert must have at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in human rights and
comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of international human rights issues with particular experience in
formulating human rights policy and strategies in the area of education and in organizing and delivering
Hold an advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent), in law preferably in the field of conflict resolution, international human rights laws, political science or international relations.
– One-year experience in designing and implementing a national human rights curriculum or human right training;
– Have a good interpersonal relationship skill and be able to collaborate in a diplomatic manner with public bodies, civil society, political parties and the international community in a politically sensitive environment
– Working experience in countries with a developing democratic system;
– Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural setting, and as a team player;
– Proven organisational, analytical and writing skills;
– Previous experience in Cambodia is a distinctive advantage.
– Proficiency in English, knowledge of French and/ or Khmer an asset
– Computer proficiency (major currently used software and web-based tools).
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment