consultant sourcing and project management
Mapping study of Civil Society in Egypt
|Experts||E1||Team Leader, Civil Society and Governance Expert/Field Researcher, Category I APPLY|
|E2||Civil Society and Governance Expert/Field Researcher, Category II APPLY|
|MISSION duration||The assignment shall be carried out in a maximum of 115 man-days and shall be completed no later than by end of July 2015. The dates may be subject to changes based on an assessment of the political situation of the country.|
|E1||62 working days|
|E2||53 working days|
|Language skills||E1-English, Knowledge of Arabic is a clear asset
E2-Fluency in oral and written Arabic
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category 1
Duration 62 Working Days
Requirements -At least a master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development Studies or any other subject relevant and closely related to the assignment.
– At least 12 years of professional experience in international development cooperation with a specific focus on civil society and governance issues.
– Substantive professional experience in working as a Team Leader in at least 3 assignments relevant to the scope of these ToR, including -at least- one civil society mapping study and civil society assessment.
– Extensive and recent professional experience in delivering methodological and operational documents on supporting civil society.
– Thorough professional experience in applied research, analysis and assessments.
– Strong analytical/methodological skills.
– Strong facilitation and communication skills.
– In-depth knowledge of EC policies related to CSOs involvement in development cooperation.
– In-depth knowledge and professional experience in capacity building to CSOs and specific international expertise related to CSOs’ participation in policy dialogue.
– Professional experience in MENA region and professional experience in Egypt would be an asset.
– Fluency in oral and written English, including excellent report writing skills.
– Knowledge of Arabic is a clear asset.
– The team leader will be responsible for coordinating the study in all its components and other outputs, to guarantee its quality and adherence to ToRs requirements and keep informed the EU Delegation to Egypt, Operations 3 Section.
Profile: Expert 2
Category of expert Category 2
Duration 53 Working Days
Requirements – At least a master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development Studies or any other subject relevant and closely related to the assignment.
– At least 6 years of professional experience working in development cooperation with civil society in Egypt.
– A sound professional experience in conducting civil society mapping and civil society assessment studies and in developing capacity building strategies.
– Strong social sciences methodological and analytical skills (research).
– In-depth knowledge of civil society’s legal, institutional and cultural context in Egypt.
– In-depth knowledge of policy dialogue and consultation mechanisms involving civil society, government and key stakeholders.
– In-depth knowledge of analytical approaches to civil society issues.
– An excellent command of English and report writing skills.
– Fluency in oral and written Arabic.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment