consultant sourcing and project management
Technical Assistance Team -The Poverty Reduction Programmme
|Experts||E1||Social Development Specialist/Technical Advisor, Category I APPLY|
|E2||Civil Engineer, Category II APPLY|
|E1||200 working days|
|E2||78 working days|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
|Project Title Technical Assistance Team -The Poverty Reduction Programmme
Internal number 072614
Approx. Dates From 08-12-2014 To
Eligible Nationalities All
Deadline for submissions of CV
for internal consortium voting 12-11-2014
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category 1
Duration 200 Working Days
Requirements Qualifications and Skills
– The candidate is required, at a minimum, to have a Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Management, International Relations, Economies or another relevant area; or in the absence of a Master’s Degree, equivalent professional experience.
– Proficiency in the use of the Project Management software (MS Projec! or equivalent) Intemet, Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software for word processing, spread sheet, presentation tools, etc. is required
– Excellent written and verbal command of the English language is required
General professional experience
– Candidates with a Master’s Degree must have a minimum of 12 years of experience in the management of projects, including a minimum 5 years of experience in developing countries.
– Candidates without a Master’s Degree must have a minimum of 14 years of experience in the management of projects, including a minimum 7 years of experience in developing countries.
– Experience in developing and or implementing communications policies within development programmes is reguired.
– Familiarity with participatory approaches, which engage primary stakeholders fully throughout the project cycle process, is preferred.
– Experience in the English-speaking Caribbean would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the last IO years in the direct management and implementation of projects financed by the European Commission under EU Budget or EDF Financing is required.
– A minimum of (3) years’ experience in the last 10 years in the management of community based projects in volatile and vulnerable communities.
– Experience in data analysis accompanied by strategic recommendations is a distinct advantage.
– Experience in project monitoring and evaluation is a distinct advantage.
– Excellent report writing skills are required.
Profile: Expert 2
Category of expert Category 2
Duration 78 Working Days
The expert will deployed to the place of assignment on an “as need basis” twice during the course of the consultancy
Requirements Qualifications and Skills
– The Civil Engineer must possess a university Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (M. Eng, Diploma. Ing, M.Se.) or in the absence of a Master’s Degree, equivalent professional experience.
– The Civil Engineer should preferably be a recognized chartered member of his/her respective professional body/arder or possess an equivalent professional certification issued by his/her respective professional body/arder in his usual place of residence or practice.
– Excellent written and verbal command of the English language is required.
– Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software application sueh as AutoCad, ArchiCad or equivalent is required.
– Proficiency in the nse of a Project Management sofiware (MS Project or equivalent), Internet, Microsoft Offlce Suite or comparable software for ward processing, spread sheet, presentation tools, etc. is required.
General Professional Experience
– Candidates with a Master’s Degree must have a minimum of 6 years relevant professional postgraduate experience in Civil Construction. .Engineering. Candidates without a Master’s Degree must have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Civil/Construction Engineering.
Specific Professional Experience
– A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience in the design of civil and/or structural works or buildings.
– A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in the supervision of construction and/or renovation works of buildings and/or roads or water or sewage systems.
– Experience in the drafting of terms of reference for design and supervision of works contract, technical specifications and bill of quantities for buildings construction/renovation works is considered an advantage.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment