consultant sourcing and project management
PEFA Repeated Assessment
|Location||Turks & Caicos Islands.
The assignment comprises home based phases and field missions to Belgium, the U.K. and the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The consultants will be based principally in Grand Turk in the TCI. The Expert will also visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London.
The home-based phases of the assignment will be conducted at the place of residence of the expert.
|Experts/ Language skills||E1||Team Leader / PEFA Expert APPLY
The expert will have an excellent command of English
|Commencement||05.01.2015 – 30th April, 2015|
|E1||maximum of 48 working days, of which 31 of field mission;|
|Deadline||23. November 2014 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Observations||· Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
· Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
· All experts must have at least regional experience
· Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1. An up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2. A cover letter where candidates should indicate how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert
3. The country and position you will apply for in the subject line of message
4. Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
5. Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
|Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category I
Duration 48 Working Days
Requirements Profile required
– Education: University degree in economics or related field is required
– The expert will have at least 10 years of experience in public finance management, of which 7 years should be on analysis and/or audit of PFM in developing countries.
– The expert must have conducted at least 3 PEFA assessments
– Prior experience in English-speaking Caribbean countries is a distinct asset.
– The experience of the expert should ensure that the team is able to cover the analysis of the different areas of the PFM-Performance Report.
– The evaluation will look at specific experience of the expert in the areas of public procurement, taxation, debt management; policy-based budgeting and internal audit.
– The expert will have an excellent command of English.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• The working days are Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified in the mandate
• The per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, Telecom, etc) and it is paid only if the expert must spend the night there.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class tickets