consultant sourcing and project management
Provision of technical assistance to promote cooperation between the republic of Sudan and the European Union
|Experts/ Language skills||E1||Expert in development cooperation, CAT I APPLY
Written and oral fluency in the English language is essential, while knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage
|MISSION duration||The consultancy should be undertaken over a maximum period of Twenty Four (24) months|
|E1||144 Working Days|
|Deadline||22. November 2014 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Observations||· Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
· Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
· All experts must have at least regional experience
· Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1. An up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2. A cover letter where candidates should indicate how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert
3. The country and position you will apply for in the subject line of message
4. Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
5. Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
o The NAO complete successfully the closure of all EU funded projects falling under his responsibility (STABEX and 9th EDF Projects).
o The NAO facilitates the implementation of all EU funded projects where this is required. This involves obtaining the necessary permissions (visa, travel permit, projects approval) required by the different authorities.
o The NAO is able to assist the EU Delegation in addressing new fields of cooperation exceeding the traditional fields of development cooperation.
o The NAO explores possibilities for the Republic of Sudan to participate and profit from regional and thematic initiatives supported by the EU.
Profile: Expert 1
Category of expert Category I
Duration 144 Working Days
Profile per expert or expertise required:
Qualifications and skills
Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration or in a comparable subject is required
General Professional experience
· The expert must have at least ten (10) years of work experience in the area of development cooperation.
Specific Professional experience
· Knowledge and practical experience in working with EU procedures (financial and contractual) is essential together with practical experience of project cycle management (PCM) application.
· Good knowledge of institutional capacity development, preferably in ACP countries.
· Work experience in previous capacity building and technical assistance programmes supporting the National Authorising Officer within the framework of the European Development Fund.
· Good knowledge of regional cooperation within the frame of the EDF including support to the formulation of Regional Indicative Programmes.
· Previous experience in working and coordinating project identification with regional bodies (e.g. IGAD/COMESA) would be of added value
· Strong analytical skills are essential combined with previous experiences of advising high level policy or regulatory bodies, in particular governments and ministries.
· Good communication skills
· Knowledge of the Sudan and/or the region context is desirable.
· Written and oral fluency in the English language is essential, while knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
EC rules applicable to any EC assignment
• The working days are Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified in the mandate
• The per diem covers all expenses of the expert (local transport, hotel, meals, Telecom, etc.) and it is paid only if the expert must spend the night there.
• International travel: the EC only reimburse economy class tickets