consultant sourcing and project management
TA for Support and Strengthening of NAOSU Finance and Contract Section in the Gambia
|Macro-Econ. & Public Finance|
|Experts||E1||Expert in Finance & Contract Management – Cat II APPLY|
|E1||172 working days|
|Language skills||Fluent in written and spoken English.|
|Deadline||02. December 2014 12:00:00 Recruitment starts immediately upon publication of this vacancy announcement; posts may be filled already before the indicated application deadline.|
|ToRs are available only for shortlisted experts|
|Observations||· Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
· Please apply only if you fulfill all requirements for the vacant position
· All experts must have at least regional experience
· Please send us your CV in the EU AID format; you may download the templates at http://wp.me/p1sHoW-5D
|Please note that we will respond only to candidates who meet the requirements of positions|
|Only short listed consultants will be replied to.
If you wish to submit your candidature, please send us:
1. An up dated and position-adjusted CV in EU AID format, in the language of vacancy and as word.doc detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments. CVs in other format than EU format will not be evaluated.
2. A cover letter where candidates should indicate how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert
3. The country and position you will apply for in the subject line of message
4. Your daily/monthly fee (EUR) without the living allowances.
5. Your communication details (Mobil, phone, etc.)
Suggestions: Please make sure, that the experience requested is also shown “Description” section 14 of your CV. As the selections are very strict and paper based, we request you to prepare your CV in the right format and detail all the relevant experience under the Professional experience table as much as possible. There is no problem if your CV is long, the most important is to prepare so that it describes clearly your experiences relevant to the mission. (Your CV has to sell you!)
Restrictions: In case consultants are short listed, they must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers’ reference letters, etc.). Documents those are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is mandatory requirement for Europe Aid tenders.
Profile per expert:
Expert in Finance & Contract and Audit Management : CAT II
· A minimum of 6 years’ experience, in the area relevant to the assignment i.e. in Finance, Contracts, Audit Management and EC financial & contractual procedures (rules and regulations).
· A good knowledge and experience in the procurement process (drafting TORs, launching and evaluated tenders, etc.).
· A proven knowledge and experience of EU funded projects and programmes, and practical acquaintance with capacity development.
· University Master’s Degree in a field relevant for this consultancy or, or relevant professional experience of 3 years duration (NB equivalent experience which must be above the general professional experience duration fixed above).
· The following areas of expertise should be covered by the expert:
o Proven experience in organisational and systems development.
o Thorough understanding and knowledge of EU aid delivery modalities (concepts and implementation of EDF-funded projects, in particular finance and contracts issues).
o Experiences in developing countries.